This is an old revision of the document!
I am a PhD student in the Educational Techology IDP at IIT Bombay. My research interests lie in engineering education, specifically technology-enhanced learning environments for ill-structured problem solving in engineering.
Collectively our research group works on promoting students' thinking skills for reasoning amid complexity such as design thinking, convergent-divergent thinking and question posing among others. Specifically, for my PhD dissertation, I am working on promoting students engineering estimation skills in the domain of electrical engineering. My goal is to design and evaluate a technology enhanced learning environment for developing undergraduates skill in engineering estimation.
Here is a current resume.
Thesis related work
1. Study of experts engineering estimation practices - To be presented at ICLS 2016 Paper
2. Study of student difficulties in engineering estimation - Presented at ICCE 2015 Paper
3. My second Annual progress seminar ReportSlides
4. Proposed overall description of PhD work - Presented at CSCL 2015 Doctoral Consortium Paper
5. My first Annual progress seminar Report Slides
These are some previous research projects I have worked on:-
1) Literature review of teaching-learning strategies for ill-structured problem solving focusing on engineering problem solving. It led to this technical report
2) Two classroom studies for teaching engineering problem solving
a) Delayed Guidance Problem Solving Study (LaTiCE 2015) Slides
b) Guided Problem Solving and Group Programming Study (T4E 2014)
3) Investigating the use of fully manipulable computer interfaces for the development of representational competence - a pilot study, which led to two publications, one in T4E 2014 (Slides) and another in TELoTS Workshop @ ICCE. This work is ongoing.
4) Investigating the use of the teaching-learning strategy called Think-pair-Share in large CS101 classes - a semester long study which led to two publications, one in ICER 2013 and another in ITiCSE 2014
When I'm not in PhD student mode you can find me rambling at Just another foodie mom.