June 1 to Nov 30
To get the program schedule click here
These are the key learning objectives for this programme:
• Design and implement 3 lessons for the coming semester using Active Learning Strategy or Innovative Technology.
• Use wiki pages to reflect and share the Teaching-Learning Experiences.
• Evaluate and Generate community resources for the active learning strategies.
• Familiarize themselves with 3 New Educational Technology applications.
As is with any of our workshops, the instructional strategies will be based on "constructivism", which means that both technology and course instructors will have more of facilitator role. Remember that we are also learning along with you.
You will be using the following technologies during the span of next semester - Wiki, Moodle (LMS), Blog pages, YouTube or similar Video hosting services, Padlet, Etherpads, Qualtrics (for Surveys), Social Networking Services like Facebook and Twitter.
What you get in return
Apart from the support that you get from the peers and research scholars at IIT Bombay,
• Participants will be get a certificate (signed on IITB Letterpad) from the course instructors.
• Participants will get mentorship from the research scholars in IIT Bombay to conduct Educational Technology Research study. These studies can then be submitted in any of the three upcoming International Conferences at IIT Bombay
• Participants will be evaluated based on the mandatory learning objectives. Certificates will be issued only if the learning objectives have been satisfied.
• Participant engagement will be measured based on participation found in the various technology tools. It is desired that participants' put in the prescribed amount of time in collaboration.
A general expectation from the participants is that they will maintain highest degree of professional conduct during this collaboration.
In terms of time, participants are expected to spend a minimum of:
Hours per lesson on the designing the lesson plan.
Hours per lesson on the implementation and evaluation of lesson plan.
Hours per lesson on the collaboration with peers and instructor.
Hour per lesson on self reflection.
i.e. A total of 8 hours per lesson, which means a minimum of 24 hours across the scheduled time period (June 1 - Nov 30).
For the course community
Participants are expected to spend:
Hours per Month on evaluating artifacts (i.e. Objectives, Instructional Strategies, Assessment Strategies etc).
Hours per Month collaborating with another peer on generating content.