- This year screening test will be conducted in an in-person(Offline) mode at IDP-ET Department.
- Written test will be conducted on 12/05/2023 between 9.30 am to 1.00 pm. The interviews will be conducted in the afternoon session if you qualify for the written test.
- Written test will be mainly based on general aptitude, general reasoning and basics of Research Methodology.
- Venue for the written test and Interview is AlA2 classroom, CDEEP, Ground floor, Mathematics Department Bldg., Near Central Library, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai - 76.
- Please bring all the relevant documents for the verifications purpose.
1) Temporary hostel room facility is available ONLY to students in the Masters/Ph.D. test/interviews. please register yourself well in advance if you plan to appear for the admission procedure.
Google form link can be found here
2) Duration of hostel accommodation includes the number of days over which the entrance test/interviews are planned + one day before and after the duration of the admission process. i.e. the maximum period of temporary hostel accommodation would be from 11th May 2023 (12 Noon) to 13th May 2023 (11:00 AM).
3) According to the number of days they are anticipated to stay on campus for the reason as mentioned earlier, applicants are required to pay the hostel room rent in advance with the rates as listed below:
a. Hostel room rent: Rs. 300/day/applicant
b. Check in time : 12.00 pm
c. Check out time : 11.00 am
4) After verification of the transaction and personal details, the concerned applicant will be informed about allotment of hostel room by the HCU office.
5) Please note: Request for hostel accommodation other than the ones entered in the Google form (link provided above) will not be entertained. Kindly do not send additional requests.
6) For any further assistance, the applicants may please be advised to contact HCU office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Eligibility Criteria for the Ph. D. ProgrammeFirst Class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST), as specified in the General Eligibility Criterion, in the qualifying degree:
- M.Tech./M.E. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering OR
M.Phil. (2-year degree) in Social Sciences OR
- M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil.(1 year)* OR
M.Ed. (with technology adoption and assessment studies)*
- A valid GATE score (eligible for Institute TA/ RA) OR
- A valid CSIR/ UGC JRF (eligible for Institute TA/ RA) OR
- A valid UGC/CSIR (Lectureship) (eligible only for project positions) OR
- Two years of research experience in fields related to educational technology (eligible only for project positions)
International candidates should visit the website of the International Relations Office of IIT Bombay for information regarding the opportunities available and the admission procedure.
We encourage international students interested in our Ph.D. program to apply for the IIT Bombay institute TA fellowships. More details about this can be found here.
|Availability of application forms||24.03.2023|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms||17.04.2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Written test and interviews||12.05.2023|
|Mode of Written test and Interviews||Offline|
Admission for 2023-24 is open, further details can be found here.
The admission procedure will be held in offline mode. There will be a written test followed by interviews. All candidates are required to appear for the written test, regardless of their category. The final selection will be made based on the performance in the written test and the interview and the statement of purpose(SoP) for ET.
For admission-related queries, please write to us at admissions.et [at] iitb.ac.in
You can locate our office within the IITB Campus Map (Look at Square B4, #9).
We wish you all the best for your admission process and hope to see you soon at our esteemed institute.