- This year screening test will be conducted in an in-person(Offline) mode at IDP-ET Department.
- Written test will be conducted on 10/05/2023 between 10.00 am and followed by interviews in the afternoon session if you qualify for the written test.
- Written test will be mainly based on general aptitude, general reasoning and basics of Research Methodology.
- Venue for the written test will be LH102, Lecture Hall Complex, IIT Bombay .
- Please bring all the relevant documents for the verification purpose before the start of the interview.
1) Temporary hostel room facility is available ONLY to students in the Masters/Ph.D. test/interviews. please register yourself well in advance if you plan to appear for the admission procedure.
Google form link can be found here
2) Duration of hostel accommodation includes the number of days over which the entrance test/interviews are planned + one day before and after the duration of the admission process. i.e. the maximum period of temporary hostel accommodation would be from 11th May 2023 (12 Noon) to 13th May 2023 (11:00 AM).
3) According to the number of days they are anticipated to stay on campus for the reason as mentioned earlier, applicants are required to pay the hostel room rent in advance with the rates as listed below:
a. Hostel room rent: Rs. 300/day/applicant
b. Check-in time : 12.00 pm
c. Check-out time : 11.00 am
4) After verification of the transaction and personal details, the concerned applicant will be informed about the allotment of the hostel room by the HCU office.
5) Please note: Requests for hostel accommodation other than the ones entered in the Google form (link provided above) will not be entertained. Kindly do not send additional requests.
6) For any further assistance, the applicants may please be advised to contact HCU office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Interdisciplinary Programme in Educational Technology (ET) at IIT Bombay is actively involved in research and education in the area of technologies to improve the teaching-learning process. ET focuses on designing learning environments, leveraging effective pedagogy and innovative technology, scaffolds for supporting individual and collaborative learning, in formal and informal contexts. ET is composed of core faculty members with additional associate members from various disciplines across IIT Bombay covering engineering, sciences, humanities, and social sciences, design, and management.
The M.Tech program is expected to contribute towards meeting the escalated need of qualified ET experts in research labs, schools/colleges, e-learning industries, and training divisions across diverse verticals.
The 2-year programme will constitute course work, covering some integral areas of study such as theories of learning and pedagogy, human-computer interaction, design, and analysis of learning environments, emerging educational technologies, research methods, and data analytics. The program includes an 8-week long summer internship and project work.
The Eligibility Criteria for the M.Tech. Programme in Educational Technology
First Class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST), as specified in the General Eligibility Criterion, in the qualifying degree:
- B.Tech /B.E /B.Pharm /B.Arch /AMIE in any engineering discipline
OR 4 year B.S. in any science discipline
OR M.Sc /M.A /MCA
OR Int. M.Tech / Int. M.E /Int. M.Sc / Int. B.S - M.S
OR Dual Degree in engineering/technology
- A valid GATE score in any discipline
|Availability of application forms||24.03.2023|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms||17.04.2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Written test and Interview||10.05.2023|
|Mode of Written test and Interview||Offline|
Admission for 2023-24 is open, further details can be found here.
The admission procedure will be held in offline mode. There will be a written test followed by interviews. The final selection will be made based on the GATE score and the performance in both the written test and the interviews.
For admission related queries, please write to us at: admissions.et [at] iitb.ac.in
Candidates with a qualifying degree and without a GATE score can apply under the "Sponsored" category (with financial support) if they have a minimum of two years of experience in education technology-related work.
Candidates must show the official sponsorship letter from the sponsoring company at the time of the interview.
Only candidates with paid leave from the sponsoring company for the full duration of the program will be considered. Conversion to the self-financed category or applying under the self-financed category is not allowed.
We wish you all the best for your admission process and hope to see you soon at our esteemed institute.
You can locate our office within the IITB Campus Map (Look at Square B4, #9).
1. What will I be going to learn in the ET course?
- The 2-year programme will constitute course work, covering some integral areas of study such as theories of learning and pedagogy, human-computer interaction, design and analysis of learning environments, emerging educational technologies, research methods, and data analytics. The program includes an 8-week long summer internship and project work. For more detail please visit the link.
2. What are the opportunities for me after completing the M.Tech in ET?
- Ed Tech Industries in the field of Instructional Design, Learning Management Systems, Technology Integration, Learning Data Analysis, and Adaptive tutoring system.