The Eligibility Criteria for the M.Tech. Programme in Educational Technology
First Class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST), as specified in the General Eligibility Criterion, in the qualifying degree:
- B.Tech /B.E /B.Pharm /B.Arch /AMIE in any engineering discipline
OR 4 year B.S. in any science discipline
OR M.Sc /M.A /MCA
OR Int. M.Tech / Int. M.E /Int. M.Sc / Int. B.S - M.S
OR Dual Degree in engineering/technology
- A valid GATE score in any discipline
Candidates with a qualifying degree and without a GATE score can apply under the "Sponsored" category (with financial support) if they have a minimum of two years of experience in education technology-related work.
Candidates must show the official sponsorship letter from the sponsoring company at the time of the interview.
Only candidates with paid leave from the sponsoring company for the full duration of the program will be considered. Conversion to the self-financed category or applying under the self-financed category is not allowed.
For admission related queries, please write to us at: admissions.et [at] iitb.ac.in
We wish you all the best for your admission process and hope to see you soon at our esteemed institute.
You can locate our office within the IITB Campus Map (Look at Square B4, #9).
1. What will I be going to learn in the ET course?
- The 2-year programme will constitute course work, covering some integral areas of study such as theories of learning and pedagogy, human-computer interaction, design and analysis of learning environments, emerging educational technologies, research methods, and data analytics. The program includes an 8-week long summer internship and project work. For more detail please visit the link.
2. What are the opportunities for me after completing the M.Tech in ET?
- Ed Tech Industries in the field of Instructional Design, Learning Management Systems, Technology Integration, Learning Data Analysis, and Adaptive tutoring system.